QA/QC Engineering & Inspection.
“Hillview”, 1 Kingsmill Drive, Kennoway, Fife, KY8 5LX Home Telephone: 44 (0)1333 352343
Mobile: 07855 245 327 (UK)
British E-mail: email@example.com
QA/QC Engineering & Inspection
- Applying over 30 years of experience in QA/QC, engineering and welding inspection and NDT for a wide range of contract sizes and durations.
- Checking and interpreting material and certification against specifications, technical dossiers and drawings.
- Monitoring fabrication and welding against drawings and WPS.
- Ensuring that each contractor’s performance, capabilities and Quality Systems adhere to contract specification.
- Recording and investigating non conformance and specification failures to meet deadlines, schedules and KPI’s resulting from poor fabrication techniques and unacceptable welding repairs by specification or by volume.
- Making daily decisions and recommending solutions to keep projects involving as many as 1,000 persons on track and moving forward to finish on schedule and within budget.
- Standardising work objectives to apply a “get it right first time” attitude amongst teams.
- Supervising staff and contract progress by assisting staff at all times to understand requirements and operational steps and ensuring they take personal and team-based ownership of their decisions.
- Organising work days into a logical series of actions and planning ahead to anticipate problems before they arise.
Leadership & Training
- Setting high but achievable standards of performance both personally and for others.
- Assigning clear areas of responsibility to as many as 70 inspection, planning and support staff and creating the opportunity for feedback and advice.
- Helping others to solve problems to the benefit of the individual and the company as a whole.
- Training others in inspection and quality methods including both theoretical and practical OJT.
- Setting achievable targets in terms of understanding the material, encouraging feedback and refining training on an individual basis according to varying skill levels.
- Compiling documentation and project dossiers for entry into Data Packs.
- Establishing project documentation and keeping accurate records of tests, inspections and measurements.
- Reviewing contractor documentation and records to establish that it is complete, that records exist for all inspections as per ITP (Inspection and Test Plans) and that all paperwork meets or exceeds specifications.
- Meticulously attending to detail whilst working alone or as part of a team to achieve objectives.
- Quickly adapting to new working environments, concepts and systems and committing long hours as needed.
- Working effectively in a variety of locations including on/offshore UK and Norway, UAE, Libya, Germany, Egypt, Holland, Malaysia, Korea, Spain, Austria, Japan, Brunei, Georgia, France, Poland, Tunisia and Azerbeijan.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Fellow: Institution of Diagnostic Engineers … International Association of Quality Practitioners
Licensed Engineering Technician (Eng Tech), registered with the Engineering Council U.K.
Licensed Engineering Practitioner (LEP) , registered with the Engineering Council U.K.
Associate, Chartered Quality Institute (ACQI) … Member, British Institute of NDT
MCSE in NT Workstation, Server and Networking Essentials Programme
SQA National Certificates in Mathematics and Computing,FifeCollege of Further & Higher Education, Scotland, 1988
Three SCE Higher Levels … Six SCE O-Levels,Kirkcaldy High School, Scotland, 1968
- CSWIP: Level 3,3.2 Senior Welding Inspector
- SQA: “Principles of Quality Assurance” (IQA A11) (Merit) … “Quality Assurance Management” (IQA A12) (Merit)
- IQA: A2 “Specifications, Standards and Quality Audit” (Credit) …
- PCN: 3.1, 3.2, 3.8 in Ultrasonics … PCN Radiographic Interpretation … 3.1 Magnetic Particle Inspection … Liquid Penetrant Inspection .
2012 Client Representative, SNC Lavalin, Arteixo, Spain
Client Representative in Arteixo, Spain, during construction of spiral concentrator pontoons
for Grande Cote Mineral Sands Project, Senegal, representing client interests with regard to
structural fabrication and reporting to SNC Lavalin Australia on a daily basis.
2011 Senior Inspector, Saipem, Baku, Azerbeijan
Senior Inspector for Saipem on Chirag Oil Project in Baku, Azerbeijan during construction of
B.P. West Chirag offshore jacket, piles and associated structures to EEMUA 158 specification.
Responsibilities included running and controlling a department of inspectors in two fabrication
shops, rolling shop and site jacket erection area. Also responsible for conducting of 6GR and
3G welder tests, area planning, site quality documentation, preparation of IRCs, weld quality and
management of manpower.
2008 – 2010 Client Senior QA/QC Welding Inspector, KBR, Mateur, Tunisia
Reporting to the Project Manager. Responsibilities included fabrication and inspection of piping and spool pieces of varying diameters and schedule for Chevron Escravos Gas to Liquids Project by 200 personnel. Oversee all welding, verify inspection and testing techniques and review ITP, material, PWHT, welder and welding certification, verify heat inputs and review and acceptance of radiographs, witness mechanical testing, manage documentation review, quality records and procedures and final sign off and acceptance of piping and spools. Preparation of IRCs prior to shipment to Escravos. Deputising for KBR Site Project Manager in his absence and reporting weekly site activities to KBR and Chevron in Abu Dhabi and Houston.
2007 Company QA/QC Representative, Conoco Phillips, Poznan, Poland
Reporting to theTechnical Manager, ConocoPhillips, Houston, USA. Responsibilities include inspecting and approving the fabrication and welding of two ship bedplates for Wartsila marine diesel engines by 50 personnel. Oversee all welding, verify inspection and testing techniques and review ITP, material, welder and welding certification. Also manage the documentation review and acceptance and liaison with ABS certifying authority for final approval authority for insurance purposes. Acting as sole authority for main client.
- Highlighted deficiencies in the contractor’s system, line and shop floor management as well as poor material segregation and material identification.
- Minimised weld repairs, saved time, material and costs and increased efficiency after identifying design faults and unacceptably high welding repair rates on both bedplates and recommending procedural changes.
2006 Senior QA/QC Engineering Inspector, Stolt Offshore, Saint Nazaire, France
Reporting to the Quality Manager-Paris, responsibilities included ensuring that the contractor implemented and adhered to the welding and quality system and also followed ITP for the BP Greater Plutonio Development Buoyancy Tank, Risers and Goosenecks. Reviewed contractor documentation and compiled data books whilst overseeing and coordinating the project inspection process.
- Highlighted deficiencies and the contractor’s inability to successfully complete the project without assistance after reviewing the ITP and Quality System.
- Helped the contractor complete the project within schedule after mentoring personnel to raise and maintain project quality, reviewing documentation and advising on the compilation of project data packs.
2005 – 2006 QC Senior Inspector, SBM Monaco, Nantes, France
Reporting to the Project Manager, responsibilities included overseeing the rework of Inconel 825 heat exchangers at BTT for the Kashagan Experimental Project. Also reviewed and reduced the backlog of radiographic film.
- Raised the heat exchanger fabrication, cutting and welding quality to ensure that the previously rejected project was accepted.
2005 Client’s Ultrasonic Cross Checker, AGIP, Dubai
Reporting to the Project Manager, responsibilities included cross-checking contractor UT technicians for the Agip Kashagan Project and establishing weld quality during the construction of Living Quarters Barges 11 and 12.
- Revealed the contractor’s failure to follow project specifications, the use of inaccurate calibration blocks and poor training and knowledge amongst contractor personnel including 147 metres of weld unacceptable to specification which had been missed and not reported by the contractor.
2004 – 2005 Client’s Ultrasonic Cross Checker, BP, Georgia
Reporting to the Technical Manager, responsibilities included overseeing the Georgia section of BP’s 46″ 1776 km long, $3.6bn overland oil pipeline from Azerbaijan to Turkey during manual welding transverse cracking verification. Also cross-checked contractor UT technicians.
- Avoided further delays due to harsh climatic conditions by auditing the weld quality from inside the pipeline both above and below ground level in the Georgian mountains prior to the onset of winter.
2003 – 2004 Operations Manager, INEM Head Office, Cairo
Inspection and Operations Manager, SGS Group, Egypt
Reporting to the SGS Group Egypt Managing Director, responsibilities included overseeing business control of the SGS Group Egypt Industrial Division after overseeing the construction of the first $1bn LNG Train at Damietta in Egypt for Kellogg / Brown & Root including all inspection and operations for 7.6 billion cubic meter capacity plant.
- Completed the project within budget and ahead of schedule and avoided substantial penalty clauses after being brought in when the inspection and radiography programme was some 3,000 joints behind schedule and with a pressing deadline.
2002 – 2003 Inspection and Operations Coordinator, Brunei Shell Petroleum, Brunei
Operations Manager, PTAS-ITS, Brunei
Reporting to the Contract Manager, responsibilities included working in a dual role from one office to manage all inspection, quality and onshore and offshore operations for the on-stream inspection programme. Oversaw overall planning and control for the daily activities of some 70 inspection personnel, planning and support staff.
- Directly responsible for reorganising the company’s operations and strategies which resulted in the company being awarded a renewed three year contract.
- Improved both offshore and onshore efficiency in all areas and ensured 100% utilisation of manpower logistics .
2000 – 2002 Client Inspector, ABS / Lloyds Register Integrity Management, Holland, Germany and UK
1996 – 1999 QA/QC Adviser, Mobil, Qua Iboe Terminal, Nigeria
1995 Client Representative, Yemen Exploration and Production, Austria
1995 Client Representative, Tenneco Gas USA, Japan
1993 – 1995 QA/QC Co-ordinator, Mobil North Sea Ltd, St Fergus Gas Plant, UK
1992 Representative, Atlantic Richfield Indonesia, Japan
1991 – 1992 Senior Pipe Mill Inspector, Marathon Oil UK, Japan
1991 QC Inspector, Dragados Construction, Spain
1990 – 1991 Senior Pipe Mill Inspector, Shell, BP and Todd, Japan
1989 – 1990 QC Inspector, Solus Schall, Hertfordshire, Pembroke, Annan, Brent Field
1987 – 1989 Client Representative, Fairclough & Partners, Fife; QC Engineer, Oceaneering, North Sea (Two different projects)
1986 – 1987 NDT Cross Checker/QC Inspector, BAPETCO, Egypt; Applications Specialist, Diagnostic Sonar, Livingston (Two different projects)
1984 – 1986 NDT Cross Checker/QC Inspector (Four different projects), P&O Mobile Lab (UK) … Texaco USA (Korea) … SGS (Spain) … Sarawak Shell BHD (Malaysia)
1974 – 1984 NDT Inspector and QC Inspector (Five different projects), Redpath, Dorman, Long (UK) … Berkeley Nuclear Power Station…KWU (Germany) … ADNOC (Abu Dhabi) … Sarawak Shell BHD (Malaysia)