- Carried out review of the subsea oil and gas production facilities engineering design and installation design.
- Reviewed work requests, and compares them with previous work completed on ships in order to ensure that costs are economically sound.
- Prepared the preparation of, product or system layouts and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Verified operation of marine equipment during acceptance testing and shakedown cruises.
- Analyzed data in order to determine feasibility of product proposals.
- Coordination activities with regulatory bodies in order to ensure repairs and alterations are at minimum cost, consistent with safety.
- Maintained records of engineering department activities, including expense records and details of equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Prepared plans, estimates, design and construction schedules, and contract specifications, including any special provisions.
- Turkmenistan Block 1 and pre-stage of Block 2 projects for the offshore gas development project in the Caspian. The activity includes the pro-FEED and FEED stage during the project. The principal work area includes the shore pulling installation, flexible pipeline and umbilical installation and rigid pipeline (S-Lay). Rigid pipeline (including piggy-back laying), subsea spools tie in, rigid riser (including stalk on riser), pigging hydro testing and shore approach (including open cut method & horizontal directional drilling)
- Lead and coordination on project based engineering analysis, calculation, termination design and umbilical design.
- Review customer specification and associated clarifications Check/Approve internal umbilical production and termination design specifications Review internal Non Conformance and Concession/Deviation Reports. Assist Project Managers and design team members in the resolution of technical issues Liaise with all concerned team to ensure safe and reliable design, manufacture and delivery to client Prepare summary project execution plan, PEP in line with customer requirement Prepare Design premise as well as equipment qualification test document Contact material suppliers for material suitability and price and delivery information
- Provision of technical leadership in terms of design specification, integrity and expertise for all system integration (End connectors, Manifolds, X-Trees, Wellhead, Umbilicals, Risers & Flowlines UFR etc. Managed the Production of Basic Engineering Design Dossier for all Subsea Production System to incorporate fluid xtics, production piping size, and connections, Subsea Control Module Xmas Tree, SSCV and TFL assurance mitigation. Design and specify for integration and hook-up considering Safety Critical Equipment (SCE) Application of design standard such as API Recommended practice for specification
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BUMI ARMADA BERHAD
Installation & Asset Assistant Manager
Transportation and Installation Department
(March 2011 – May 2012) – CASPAIN SEA
Manage the asset integrity on infrastructures and development of Transportation and Installation issues. Optimize asset use and manage all maintenance efforts involved by making assets as accurate, reliable, and efficient as possible. Execute the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for the vessels and barge aimed at effective preventive and predictive maintenance. Monitor and control the assets on regular evaluation. Manage the classification issues related to annual and progressive survey.
Transportation and Installation Department
(March 2010 – March 2011) – TURKMENISTAN
Afford overall on-site executive and technical management on the project. Plan, direct and control work activities. Supervise project schedule and enforce all site safety regulations. Deal with employees and subcontractors in actual job responsibilities beyond giving and receiving instructions. Coordinate, assign work, and manage all company employees, and Barge & Vessel employee activities on the entire project on a day-to-day basis in order to maintain the quality and schedule of all work.
EPICC Project Department
(March 2009 – March 2010) – AZERBAIJAN
Supervise and coordinate the project phase to be in intact with schedule. Project coordination of the construction of the pipe-laying barge. Managing the Contractor on commissioning issue. Reviewing and approving documentation and involve in technical meetings between PMC, Client and Contractor.
BAE Engineering Department
(March 2007- March 2009) – SINGAPORE/MALAYSIA
Prepare engineering datasheets, up to level of FEED, in accordance with the Project specification. Define all reference specifications including other mechanical and piping specifications to be adopted within the package. Verify all the utilities required by Vendors for the equipment in required quantities with adequate margin.
UNIVERSITI TENAGA NASIONAL
Nottingham Trent University & University Tenaga Nasional
(January – September 2006) – MALAYSIA/UK
Conducted simulation and detail flow analysis was done to investigate the flow on the turbine blades. Performed statistical review on data taken in the engineering and weather report. (Tenom Dam). Designed the trash diverter for cyclic loading, which withstand the high pressure on the river current. Lecturing the final year students on numerical method of engineering and computational fluid dynamics.
Dry Docking and Upgrade of Armada Hawk – DP2 Vessel
April 2012 – Indonesia
In charged in project management of the upgrading and repair works on the Armada Hawk – DP2 vessel. Managed and evaluated the vessel structural integrity, ballast management, overhauling of the generator, thruster and cranes. Postulated and supervised the overall classification compliance for annual and interim survey for the vessel to be back on operation.
Repair & Upgrading Derrick Lay Barge
January 2012 – April 2012 – Azerbaijan
Reviewed the next process of upgrading request and conducted the repair works for the stinger, hull, operating deck and firing line. Increased the functioning sustainability and stability for the operational performance.
825 T Derrick Installations on Lay Barge
June 2011 – April 2012 – Azerbaijan
Responsible and in charge for the overall installation activities for the derrick on the barge. Accomplished the overall project requirement in terms international operation obligation, custom regime, business operation requisite and asset management. Safeguarded and delivered the project on time accordance to the classification condition and operational need.
Flexi Mattress Installation
January 2011 – February 2011 – Turkmenistan
Liaised with the contractor on the installation of flexi mattress. Reviewed the specification on the location and material information for the operation.
Pipe Lay Operation Campaign – 235 Km
October 2009 – May 2011 – Turkmenistan
Controlled and Monitored the operation of the pipe laying campaign on the perspective of, technical superintendence, operation and field assistance. Managed the crew for entire campaign in term of day-to-day coordination. Ensured the maintenance and operation requirement fulfilled on the daily basis.
New Build of a Pipe Lay Barge – Phase 2
October 2009 – May 2010 – Azerbaijan
Managed the stakeholder of the project for completion and integration of the barge. Performed, commercial, cost controlling, project management and international compliance requirement for the barge to be delivered for the operation. Ensured and delivered the classification satisfactory acquiescence of certificates under IMO requirement.
New Build of a Pipe Lay Barge – Phase 1
July 2008 – September 2009 – Singapore
Posed the role of project mechanical engineer for entire barge new build and machinery installation. Evaluated, reviewed and conducted the site constructions of each installation for the new build.
FPSO – OYO vessel conversion
August 2007 – June 2008 – Singapore
Responsible on the gas turbine technical evaluation and design verification of the FPSO – Armada Perdana. Provided the engineering calculation, review and technical analysis for the flare tower, gas turbine and topside.
University of Liverpool (Present)
Master of Science in Project Management – United Kingdom
Majoring in Oil and Gas
University Tenaga Nasional (2005)
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering – Malaysia
Majored in Fluid Dynamics
Engineering Fluid Dynamics (EFD) 2007
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) 2006
Certs.Financial Consultant (FMuTP) 2005
Certs.Human Resource & Management (KMC) 2003
Institute of Mechanical Engineering UK (IMECHE)
AMIMECHE -Ref: 80125093
Board of Engineering Malaysia (BEM)
Institute of Engineering Malaysia (IEM) – Engr.
International Marine Contractor Association (IMCA)
Project Management Institute (PMI) – PMP
CFD, FLUENT & ACE
AutoCAD & PRO-E
SOLID works & CATIA
FORTRAN, Visual C & MATLAB
MAYA, Adobe 3D & Rhinoceros
3D MAX & Swish
ANSYS, ALGOR & SAP